- Are you here to pick up your item? Click here to let us know.
- You can use Curbside Pickup for library materials, Binge Boxes, print jobs, program supplies--anything you have been notified is ready for pickup.
Here’s how curbside pickup works:
- Place a hold on an item through the online catalog, the SWAN library app, or by calling us at 630-653-0755.
- Once the item becomes available, you’ll receive a notification from email@example.com or a phone call.
- When you have received your notification, come to the library during curbside hours (Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Park in a designated curbside pickup spot, and text check in to 630-668-9440. Or, you can click the link on our website or use the link in the SWAN app. Follow the directions we send via text.
- Stay in your vehicle with the windows rolled up, and pop your trunk. If your trunk isn’t accessible, we will leave your materials on a bench, and you can come get the bag when we walk away.
- Loan periods remain the same as always: 7 days for DVDs and video games, and 21 days for everything else.
- Please return items in the drive-up return bin. We are unable to take materials from you directly.
- For information regarding material handling and safety procedures, click here.
Curbside pickup for print documents
Email your document to firstname.lastname@example.org for staff to print. We can accept many Microsoft file types, but, if possible, sending us a PDF is best. (If you need help doing that, please email us.) When your document is ready, we will email you with directions on how to use Curbside Pickup to receive your document. We will print 1-20 pages free of cost for curbside pickup. If your document is over 20 pages, we will charge a fee.
Curbside pickup without a car:
You’re welcome to walk or bike to the Library to pickup your materials. Follow the same instructions as for cars. We will bring items out and leave them on a bench. You may pick up your items once Library staff has gone back into the building.
Are you used to browsing or don’t know what to get?
Get a Binge Box (available for readers of all ages)