>>> Are you here to pick up your item? Let us know!
Click here to chat with us or text us at 630-668-9440
Use Curbside Pickup for
- Any library materials
- Binge Boxes
- Documents you email us to print for you
- Documents you would like us to photocopy
- Documents you would like us to scan or fax
- Program supplies
- Take & Make kits
- Anything you have been notified is ready for pickup.
Here’s how curbside pickup works:
- Log in to your Library Account using the online catalog or the SWAN Library app.
- Search for items, and place a hold on what you'd like to borrow.
- Once the item becomes available, you’ll receive a notification from email@example.com or a phone call.
- When you have received your notification, come to the library during curbside hours (Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Park in a designated curbside pickup spot, and text check in to 630-668-9440. Or, you can click the link on our website or use the link in the SWAN app. Follow the directions we send via text.
- Stay in your vehicle with the windows rolled up, and pop your trunk. If your trunk isn’t accessible, we will leave your materials on a bench, and you can come get the bag when we walk away.
- Loan periods remain the same as always: 7 days for DVDs and video games, and 21 days for everything else.
- Please return items in the drive-up return bin. We are unable to take materials from you directly.
- For information regarding material handling and safety procedures, click here.
Email your document to firstname.lastname@example.org for staff to print. We can accept many Microsoft file types, but, if possible, sending us a PDF is best. (If you need help doing that, please email us.) Please indicate how many copies are needed. When your document is ready, we will email you with directions on how to use Curbside Pickup to receive your document. We will print 1-20 pages free of cost for curbside pickup. If your document is over 20 pages, we will charge a fee. At this time, we can only accept jobs over 20 pages from Carol Stream Library cardholders. A bill for the fee will be added to your Library account.
For projects under 20 pages: Copy requests 20 pages and under are free. Contact us via curbside chat or call the Adult Services Department 630-344-6123 when you are at the Library in a curbside spot or in the parking lot. Please wait in your car or 10 feet away from the front door while a staff person comes out to get the document(s) that need to be copied. Staff will retrieve and return your documents to you via tray or clipboard.
For projects over 20 pages: Larger projects or detailed requests need to be arranged by appointment in order to schedule and arrange payment. Additional pages will be charged at 10 cents per print page. Please provide detailed instructions. If you wish to schedule an appointment or ask us questions, please email email@example.com or call 630-344-6123. At this time, we can only accept jobs over 20 pages from Carol Stream Library cardholders. A bill for the fee will be added to your Library account.
The Library provides outgoing fax service only (no incoming faxes will be received.) Scanning to fax and email is available for free.
Contact us via curbside chat or call the Adult Services Department 630-344-6123 when you are at the Library in a curbside spot or in the parking lot. Please wait in your car or 10 feet away from the front door while a staff person comes out to get the document(s) that need to be copied. Staff will retrieve and return your documents to you via tray or clipboard. Please include written instructions about fax number for sending, email for scanning, etc.
Curbside pickup without a car:
You’re welcome to walk or bike to the Library to pickup your materials. Follow the same instructions as for cars. We will bring items out and leave them on a bench. You may pick up your items once Library staff has gone back into the building.
Used to browsing or want a recommendation?
- Get a Binge Box (available for readers of all ages)
- Call us or email us to get recommendations from a librarian: