Carol Stream Public Library exists to serve our community. Unfortunately, the best way for us to serve you right now is to close. In light of Governor Prtizker's shelter in place order, the Library will be closed until further notice. We wish you good health and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Hang on to the materials you currently have checked out for now. No materials are due during this time.
No fines will be given during this time.
If you have an item currently being held for you, it will be waiting for you when we reopen. We are not currently filling new hold requests.
Our public WiFi is still active. Even though you can't come inside the building, you can potentially still access the network from the sidewalk out front. The front of the building is still a fire zone, so please don't park there even though we are closed.
On contacting us: Call us at 630-653-0755. Voicemails will be checked daily during the week. We are accepting general questions though firstname.lastname@example.org, but please note that it might be two days or more before we can respond. Chat and text services are both unavailable at this time.
Your Library at Home
- Access e-books and e-audibooks through Overdrive. (To use this service on your mobile device, search your app store for Libby. You'll need your library card number to download books.
- Stream music and videos through Hoopla. (We raised the maximum items per month during this time.)
- Read all the latest current issues of your favorite magazines (over 2,900 of them!) with RB Digital.
- Get your craft on by watching tutorials on Creativebug.
- Learn new skills on everything from software to accounting to videography with Lynda.com.
Just for kids:
Ways to help stem the spread of COVID-19:
- Feeling sick? Call your doctor directly.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face, especially your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cough and sneeze in the crook of your elbow, or a tissue, then throw that tissue in the trash and wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Carol Stream emergency notifications
Get updates from the Village of Carol Stream by clicking here.