for this Topic | Research guides and databases
These databases are available from outside the Library using your Carol Stream Library card and pin number.
Locate in-depth coverage and analysis of social issues, politics, and domestic and international affairs from Congressional Quarterly.
Locate state specific and federal legal forms. Also includes attorney directory and legal dictionary.
Search authoritative international business and legal news and information, plus SEC filings and other financial information.
Tax Forms are available at the Library in the Adult Reference
Department. Most forms are also available online.
Internal Revenue Service
- www.irs.gov The official IRS Digital Daily provides
tax forms, publications, regulations, advice, statistics,
- IRS e-file for Taxpayers
From the Internal Revenue
Services website, this page answers questions you may
have about filing electronically.
Authorized e-file Providers
a Local Office for Assistance
- AARP Tax Aide assistance locations
- Economic Stimulus Payments Information Center Information on the rebates, the IRS will start mailing out to taxpayers in May, 2008.
- Live Telephone Assistance for Individuals:
- Call 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676) to order current and prior year forms, instrutions, and publications.
- Site of the the Illinois
Department of Revenue. Provides links to online
help and resources, Illinois tax forms, tax information,
Circuit Breaker information, in addition to other
- Illinois state tax forms www.revenue.state.il.us
- Form IL-1363: NOTICE: Effective July 1, 2012, the Circuit Breaker Property Tax Relief Grant and Illinois Cares Rx were eliminated due to the lack of funding.
- Other State Tax Forms available through
the Federation of Tax Administrators www.taxadmin.org/fta/link/forms.html
& Accounting Sites Directory A good starting place. An extensive,
well-organized guide to tax (federal, state, and international)
and accounting resources on the Internet.
Tax Center This is an
excellent starting point for tax information.
Features include a Tax Refund Estimator, tax preparation
checklists, a tax guide for investors, links to state
tax forms from all 50 states, and much more.
Tax Forms available at the Library
During tax season (January through April) multiple copies of high-demand federal and Illinois
state income tax forms will be available on
a self-service basis.
After the beginning
of the new year, the Library will make the forms and
publications available as soon as they are received
from the government. Please keep in mind that
not all forms and publications are distributed by the
government at the beginning of the year. If you
need a special form or want to check the availability
of a specific form, please call the Library and ask
to speak to a Reference Librarian at the Adult Services