Carol Stream Public Library puts the safety of our patrons and staff above all. While we miss seeing our neighbors, our building will remain closed for the time being. We are making preparations to start a contact-less curbside pickup service. Watch for additional information coming soon to learn how to place an order for curbside service. In the meantime, please begin returning Library materials that you have at home. Our drive-up return box is open 24/7.
In the meantime, we encourage you to attend a virtual event, use our digital services (see below), and contact us with any questions. We wish you good health and look forward to seeing you again soon.
At your convenience, you can return the Library materials you have to our drive-up return box. No fines will be given during this time.
Materials will be kept in a minimum seven day quarantine after they are returned. (Materials will not be checked in or handled much at all until the quarantine period has passed, so items will still show up as checked out to you for awhile after you return them.)
If you have an item currently being held for you, it will be waiting for you when we reopen. We are not currently filling new hold requests.
Our public WiFi is still active. Even though you can't come inside the building, you can potentially still access the network from the sidewalk out front. The front of the building is still a fire zone, so please don't park there even though we are closed.
On contacting us: Call us at 630-653-0755. Voicemails will be checked daily during the week. We are accepting general questions though firstname.lastname@example.org, but please note that it might be two days or more before we can respond. Chat and text services are available Monday - Friday 10a - 3p.
Your Library at Home
- Access e-books and e-audibooks through Overdrive. (To use this service on your mobile device, search your app store for Libby. You'll need your library card number to download books.
- Stream music and videos through Hoopla. (We raised the maximum items per month during this time.)
- Read all the latest current issues of your favorite magazines (over 2,900 of them!) with RB Digital.
- Get your craft on by watching tutorials on Creativebug.
- Learn new skills on everything from software to accounting to videography with Lynda.com.
Just for kids:
Ways to help stem the spread of COVID-19:
- Click here for Illinois Department of Health guidelines on what to do if you are feeling ill.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face, especially your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cough and sneeze in the crook of your elbow, or a tissue, then throw that tissue in the trash and wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Carol Stream emergency notifications
Get updates from the Village of Carol Stream by clicking here.