The Carol Stream Public Library allows local non-profit groups the use of the Community Room, in accordance with its Meeting Room Use Policy. Groups wishing to use the Community Room must complete a Room Request online and submit a completed Agreement for Use of Meeting Room. Online reservations for the Community Room can be made no less than three days and no more than eight weeks in advance.
- Programs sponsored or co-sponsored by the Library and relating to its collections and services.
- Library-related meetings, including the Friends of the Library.
- Meetings of the Village of Carol Stream and other agencies of local government.
- Meetings of Carol Stream not-for-profit community groups and organizations whose aims are for educational, cultural, or for civic purposes of Carol Stream residents.
- Carol Stream businesses and professional groups.
- Other meetings which in the opinion of the Director are appropriate to the mission and facilities of the Library.
Discovery room: 30 people
Horizon room: 45 people
- The meeting rooms may not be reserved for any of the following:
- Wedding receptions, showers, birthday parties or other social events
- Religious services or proselytizing
- Meetings by a political candidate or organization for a candidate
- Money-raising activities for non-library events
- No admission charges, collections, sales or any money-raising activities are allowed.
- Organizations may not use the Library for their mailing address or telephone contact.
- Meetings featuring activities that by their nature are disruptive to the Library routine are not permitted.
Prepared light refreshments may be served. Alcoholic beverages, cooking, reheating or open flames are not permitted. Groups must supply their own food products and paper goods.