Shoutbomb: Account Text Messages
Shoutbomb is a text messaging service which allows you to use your cell phone to receive text notices about:
- Available Holds
- Items coming due soon
- Overdue Items
- Renewable items (Shoutbomb will also let you renew eligible items from your phone!)
We’ll text you: Holds Now Available, Overdue notifications and Items Due Soon notifications. You can even Renew eligible items via text. A text will be sent only when activity on your account triggers a message.
What do you need?
- A mobile phone and wireless service that can send text messages to an e-mail address. You don't need a smartphone to use Shoutbomb.
- Your library card barcode & PIN
Simply follow the prompts within the message to manage your account.
How to Sign Up for Shoutbomb
- Send a text message to the e-mail address:
- In the body of the text type: SIGNUP and then send the message.
- Shoutbomb will send you messages.
- Reply to the messages from Shoutbomb, with your card number and PIN when prompted.
If you prefer not to provide your e-mail, type NONE instead of your e-mail address when prompted.
The Library does not charge a fee for this service, but your mobile phone plan’s regular text messaging rates apply.
PLEASE NOTE: Choosing to use the Shoutbomb service does not change the email or mail notifications you have been receiving from the Library. This service is an additional method of managing your Library account.
- To stop receiving text messages, send a message to email@example.com and type QUIT in the body of the message.
- To add additional library cards to your text message account, type ADDCARD in the body of the message and then follow the prompts. To remove a card, type DROPCARD.
- To have Shoutbomb resend your last received message, type RESEND.
Your messages from Shoutbomb will prompt you to respond with optional commands including:
(All Commands must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- HL: Get a list of holds that are ready for pick up.
- OL: Get a list of overdue items.
- RL: Get a list of items you can renew.
- RA: Renew all eligible item.
- RI: To receive a list of items that are coming due, but cannot be renewed.
- IOWEU: To see the amount of current fees/fines.
- HELP: Text the word HELP and the command you need help with to receive detailed instructions. For example, "HELP DROPCARD" or HELP NOTICES."
For more information and instructions click here to access the Shoutbomb brochure.