Visit the Library and
Check Out a Museum
Use the Smartest Card – your library card – to receive free admission or a special discount at select suburban cultural destinations. All you need to take part in these learning adventures is a valid Carol Stream adult resident library card.
Vvisit the Library to pick up a pass for the museum of your choice. Each pass is good for two or four free admissions, or another financial discount, depending on the institution.
Passes are available on a first come, first served basis
and are good for one week only.
One Museum Adventure Pass may be checked out per family, per week.
Here’s how you can Check out a Museum Adventure Pass at the Library:
- Come in to the Library to pick up your pass. Libraries have a limited number of passes for each participating organization, and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Passes cannot be reserved or checked out online or on the phone.
- One Museum Adventure Pass may be checked out per family by an adult, Carol Stream resident and library card holder, per loan period. The loan period is SEVEN DAYS, and will expire after the date printed on the pass.
- Admission offers vary per museum. For some, two or four people may be admitted free per pass, or by carload. If admission is free, another special discount will be offered.
- Passes are for one-time use and are not transferable. Your name will be printed on the pass, and you will be asked to show identification at the museum. You should be prepared to show both your library card and an ID. The museum will collect the pass when you visit.
- Check the list of participating museums for details on each cultural destination. Find out what discoveries await you, get directions to the museum, and review each museum’s pass entry offer, including any restrictions that may apply.
List of participating museums and offers